Wednesday, April 17, 2013

#prayforboston

I've seen this picture all over Facebook and Instagram since the horrific events in Boston on Monday.


As I've contemplated this terrible tragedy, it's been extremely encouraging to read all the stories of the "helpers." Although, let's be honest, who knows if the random stories trending on Facebook are really true, but if they're not, I'm sure there a twice as many that we haven't heard that are actually true. In fact, here are a few examples from the Washington Post. As the stories continue to unfold over the next few days and weeks, I know I'll be looking forward to hearing them. It gives me hope to know that even though there are people capable of such horrific acts in this world, there are and always will be more people who are good.

This act of terrorism is almost impossible to comprehend. Unfortunately, we live in a world where unfathomable events happen far too often. My hope is that, despite the frequency of these terrible events, we as a country-as a human race-won't become desensitized. We may learn to be better equipped to process and deal with the emotions we feel, but we cannot let ourselves think this should be expected. We must continue to fight for the safety of our country and of our world.

My thoughts and prayers are with the runners, spectators, law enforcement, first responders, hospital staff, those injured, their families, and the families of those who lost their lives. I can't imagine what they're going through, but I can send my love and support their way.



No comments:

Post a Comment